- Traffic. The car has been around for over 130 years, and I can only assume traffic has been an issue from day one. As a society we must solve this. I don’t know the answer, but someone with more time and ingenuity than me needs to get on this. How do we make traffic extinct? With Trains? Jet-Packs? Work-from-Home? I mean seriously, enough already with sitting and wasting our precious time on earth in traffic.
- Dentistry. Going to the dentist today feels archaic. What major improvements have they made in the last 50 years? We still use laughing gas, we still scrape shit off our teeth with metal tools, we still drill out decay, we still yank rotten teeth out by the roots. How has technology not improved on any of this??? Techies, listen up, the world doesn’t need another gaming app–it needs an over the counter laser that painlessly zaps away cavities.
- Radio. We need TIVO for the radio. Why can’t I pause a song on the radio? Or record it? Or rewind to play it again? Or use voice demand to change channels? Common people! This one MUST already in the works?? (And don’t tell me to play iTunes. Don’t make me plug anything in–I need this to happen right from the radio, not my phone.)
- Education. We’ve all read the studies, play = learning. So why are we still schooling our kids the same way we did 100 years ago–in a classroom? Our kids are still trapped in a room all day, being lectured and taking tests, instead of experiencing the world around them. Why is recess considered a break in the learning process, when in fact it’s the opposite? Recess is where the social and emotional learning happens. You know, the real shit that life’s all about. Let’s stop teaching subjects as separate ideas–they all flow together. Stop forcing kids to “sit still” all day. Let’s take a lesson from Finland and Denmark, and let kids ENJOY the learning process. And for the love of God, let’s pay teacher more money!!!!!!
- Politics. The whole bleeping system. Because Donald Trump. Need I say more?